Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world’s 20 leading pharmaceutical companies. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, it operates globally with 145 affiliates in 50 countries and more than 42,000 employees. Since it was founded in 1885, the family-owned company has been committed for 125 years to researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing novel products of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine.
Services for pre-clinical development
Today, Boehringer Ingelheim is one of the world's leading companies for contract development and manufacture of biopharmaceuticals. All types of services from mammalian cell line or microbial strain development to final drug production can be delivered within a one-stop-shop concept.
Boehringer Ingelheim delivers services for pre-clinical development up to global market supply with a strong commitment to its customers at its manufacturing facilities for mammalian cell culture and microbial fermentation. Boehringer Ingelheim has brought 19 molecules to market and has many years of experience in multiple molecule classes such as monoclonal antibodies, recombinant proteins, interferons, enzymes, fusion molecules and plasmid DNA. Furthermore, high-titer platform technologies for new antibody mimetic formats such as scaffold proteins and antibody fragments are available for the manufacture of customer products.
Boehringer Ingelheim offers the entire production technology chain at its biopharmaceutical manufacturing facilities in Vienna (Austria), Biberach (Germany) and Fremont (USA). It has the world's largest capacities for contract development and manufacturing of mammalian cell culture products and is one of the leading manufacturers of biopharmaceuticals.
Boehringer Ingelheim's experience: Process development (including proprietary high-expression systems in CHO, E.coli and Yeasts) and manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals such as therapeutic proteins, monoclonal antibodies, antibody fragments, protein scaffolds, and plasmid DNA for clinical trials and global market supply.
BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM'S SERVICES in biopharmaceuticals manufacturing include:
Mammalian Cell Culture
- Clinical material capacities: flexible scales from 80 to 2,000 L
- Production capacities: flexible scales from 2,000 L to 15,000 L
- Batch, Fed-batch and perfusion operations
Clinical material capacities: flexible scales from 30 to 6,000 L
Production capacities: flexible scales from 300 L to 6,000 L
Batch or fed-batch fermentation
- Multi-product purification suites
- Explosion-proof unit and preparative HPLC
- Viral inactivation procedures
- Up to 150,000 vials per batch aseptic filling
- Up to 100,000 syringes per batch aseptic filling
- Up to 150,000 cartridges per batch aseptic filling
Opportunities for Boehringer Ingelheim's partners
- One-stop-shop from DNA to final dosage form
- Project start without initial investment at every step in the value chain
- Global supply of biopharmaceuticals up to large and commercial quantities
- Worldwide-licensed multi-product facilities